How LBA families can lend a hand to our fellow mammals
No animal products, go vegan! Don’t worry, you do not have to go to extremes to take steps towards helping out animals. June is National Zoo and Aquarium Month and LBA believes that this calls for some love to be given to our friends on planet earth. From a blue whale to our own best friend, (dog, cat, or scary snake) all animals deserve respect.
Helping out our fellow friends is surprisingly easier then one would think. It’s as easy as recycling your water bottle! Additionally, by including your student in these easy-animal-loving tactics, we can teach them respect, sympathy, and to be conscious of their surroundings. Who would think that eating a burger and saving lives correlated? Well, after you read our suggestions you certainly will! It is time to open the door to puppy kisses and saving lives.
Don’t break a sweat about achieving all of them! Just make sure you and your child make conscious actions and take into account their impacts. As Sly and The Family Stone once said in the song “Everyday People”,”I am no better and neither are you. We are the same whatever we do. You love me, you hate me, you know me and then. You can’t figure out the bag I’m in. I am everyday people.” We are all “everyday people”, thus we can not do everything. None of us are perfect, but all of us are awesome human beings who have the ability to dictate our own actions.
Here are the steps!
- Try to grow plants that are native to your region (with your kid). It helps provide food and habitats for wild animals.
- Play with your pets! Pets and kids love playtime all the same. This step is an easy excuse to cuddle with cute dogs and cats!
- Don’t litter (or let your pets do it). It’s not only bad for the environment, but it’s also bad for our fellow friends. Wild animals easily choke on plastics and trash left by us!
- Every now and then, try to buy non-zoogenic products. Give that veggie burger a shot! Look at the list of ingredients on lotion, shampoo, and makeup products to see if the product is tested on animals. Be adventurous and help our friends out at the same time!
- If you’re feeling inspired, participate in protests for unfair treatment of animals with your kid. If you feel especially passionate about a cause, then get out there! Show your child that there are peaceful ways in getting your ideas out in the open.
Yay! You now know five steps to help the pets! As many say, a dog is a man’s best friend and our best friends deserve some love! No action is “not important”. If it’s just walking your dog today, picking up liter, or donating to the local aquarium, it is important!